vsound-user

[Vsound-user] Vsound won't record - 64 bit

From: Chris Hegan
Subject: [Vsound-user] Vsound won't record - 64 bit
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 08:14:36 +1200

I have started running the 64-bit version of vsound (http://www.vsound.org/) on my 64-bit Suse 10 AMD system. The command to load a stream works and after the following message realplayer launches and plays the stream.

Warning: LD_PRELOAD="/usr/local/lib/vsound/libvsound.so"
ERROR: ld.so: object '/usr/local/lib/vsound/libvsound.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored.

However, after I kill the stream vsound exits with its standard error message, leaving no sound file behind.
/usr/lib64/vsound.so is present.
I have tried linking /usr/lib/vsound.so to it.
No joy.

Any suggestions?

Chris Hegan