Re: [vile] suffixes

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [vile] suffixes
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2018 19:32:17 -0400

On Thu, Nov 01, 2018 at 07:15:16PM -0400, Wayne Cuddy wrote:

> How does one view or access which suffixes apply to the current major
> mode without having to examine modes.rc?

I'd start with

        :show-majormodes

> Is it possible to add to suffixes that exist in modes.rc without having
> to redefine them?

no (there's no "+=" for regular expressions).  Though you can use the
values in a "setv", e.g.,

        :setv %foo=$yacc-suffixes

I think the trailing "$" anchor would interfere with some combinations

   suffixes=\.\(y\|yy\|yacc\)$

though I suppose you could wrap that in something like (untested)

        :setv %foo=\($yacc-suffixes\|\.Y$\)

and assign that to suffixes for the mode...

--
Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>
https://invisible-island.net