Re: [vile] brace matching

From: Fabien COUTANT
Subject: Re: [vile] brace matching
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2016 17:40:13 +0200

Le Sat, 2 Apr 2016 13:23:20 -0400, Wayne Cuddy a écrit:
> On Sat, Apr 02, 2016 at 10:06:50AM -0700, Marc Simpson wrote:
> > On Sat, Apr 2, 2016 at 9:29 AM, Wayne Cuddy <address@hidden> wrote:
> > >
> > > Is it known that using the goto-matching-fence function on the { on line
> > > 1 below will move the cursor to the '}' on line 2 and not the one on
> > > line 4?
> >
> > FWIW, this is traditional vi behaviour (unsurprisingly, given the lack
> > of contextual information).

[...]
> When vim is in 'nocompatible mode' it does what's expected. I'm
> assuming vile doesn't have an option to enable this behavior.

Idea: what about adding a fence-skip or fence-ignore regexp setting that
would be used to ignore and skip portions of text while looking for a
matching pair, and could then be set by each specific mode ?

This may be of general use, looks simple enough, and would help to solve
that question.

I don't know how difficult it could be to code, though :)

PS: sorry for being a bit late, my first message was seemingly replied at a
wrong address so I re-post :(

--
Hope this helps,
Fabien.