[vile] does vile-9.8g require perl newer than perl-5.8.9?

From: Gary Jennejohn
Subject: [vile] does vile-9.8g require perl newer than perl-5.8.9?
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2012 11:38:43 +0200

So, I'm finally getting around to updating the FreeBSD ports to
vile-9.8g after a long hiatus.

I had perl-5.8.9 installed and noticed that I couldn't enable perl
with this version because some perl functionality was missing during
the processing of perl.xs.  Don't remember all the gory details.

After installing perl-5.12.4 it all worked.

So... does vile now require a newer version of perl or was it just a
problem with a missing perl-5.8.9 package?

--
Gary Jennejohn