Re: [vile] deleting blank lines over a range

From: Paul Fox
Subject: Re: [vile] deleting blank lines over a range
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 15:53:22 -0400

address@hidden wrote:
 > I see that the v and g commands only operate over the entire file and I can
 > use deblank for individual lines but is there a way to delete empty lines as
 > specified via a range or the selection?

i don't believe so.  i've wanted that a few times myself.  the closest
you can get is, do it once, then hold the '.' key down.  :-)

that command came pretty much directly from uemacs, and has never
been converted or offered in an operator form.

paul
 paul fox, address@hidden (arlington, ma, where it's 63.1 degrees)