Re: [vile] vile-9.8

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [vile] vile-9.8
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2010 17:59:36 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 9 Aug 2010, Paul Fox wrote:

congratulations tom.

i missed a few things during the course of 9.7, so:

>     + vile.hlp and all ".doc" plain-text files are generated from html.
>
>       http://invisible-island.net/vile/vile-toc.html

nice!

>     + "show-undo-stack" shows the contents of the undo-stack.

wow.  :-)

>     + "store-operator" stores a macro which is treated as an operator.

so, this means it's now possible to write new operators in the
scripting language?

yes, with the caveat that undoing them (the whole macro at once) isn't
implemented.  You can combine them with a motion though.

Making a block-undo is probably doable; I just didn't have a reason to revisit it since I added the feature (along with show-undo-stack).

and, regarding the rpm spec file:  is anyone out there routinely
building fedora-compatible vile rpms?

I've been building for my own use some rpms that correspond to the VMs
that I've been using:

ftp://invisible-island.net/RPMS

but I've not put the source-rpms there (I'm not entirely sure how compatible source-rpms are across different packages, and dislike to
make redundant copies).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net