Re: [vile] Columns and linewrap

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [vile] Columns and linewrap
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 09:22:30 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 9 Apr 2008, Paul Fox wrote:

thomas wrote:
> On Wed, 9 Apr 2008, Paul Fox wrote:
>
> > paul van tilburg wrote:
> > >  * Can I make linewrap do wordwrapping.. that is not cut a word
> > >    in two if the 90 (or preferebly 80) char boundary is reached?
if one could do that with read-hook and write-hook, it might be
interesting.  that's all i meant.

I see.  Aside from annoyance when I get a wrapped line that's longer than
the screen, I hadn't _thought_ much about this.  A related item would be
in the display of multicolumn characters, etc., where vile _should_ be
moving things to the next line if they don't fit.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net