viewmail-info

Re: [VM] VM writes r/o folders

From: Uday Reddy
Subject: Re: [VM] VM writes r/o folders
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 09:03:49 +0000

John Hein writes:

> One disadvantage to upgrading old formats to new is when you try to
> load new formats in older versions of vm.  But that's a separate
> issue.

VM version 5 onwards were designed to allow such "forward compatibility".
That is why the header line is called "VM-v5-Data".  In principle, the old
versions of VM will work ok with the new formats.  But, in practice, things
seem to be breaking in some light way:

  https://bugs.launchpad.net/vm/+bug/916695

I intend to look at it before the 8.2.0 release goes out.

I also intend to backport the changes to 8.1.x branch to create an 8.1.2
release for those people that might need to keep with the 8.1.x versions for
some reason or other.

Cheers,
Uday