viewmail-info

Re: [VM] Key bindings - minor reorganization

From: Uday Reddy
Subject: Re: [VM] Key bindings - minor reorganization
Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 20:00:18 -0000

On 4/27/2011 2:33 PM, Goran Uddeborg wrote:

Maybe it should have a name that more clearly marks it as a
compatibility feature?  Something like vm-compatibility-bindings or
vm-legacy-keybindings or something like that?

Thanks for that.  I like the "legacy" word!

But I wanted to let you know that there is at least one user for which
that binding is used more often than "infrequently".

I agree that having a key binding for edit-current-message is useful. I admit to using it myself occasionally. But it looks like "e" is a bad key for it. It is too easy to type it accidentally and find yourself in a strange situation. A novice user would be completely perplexed. If you have a suggestion for another key for it, I would be glad to add it to the current bindings. (We could have used C-x C-q, if it didn't already have a different purpose in VM.)

Cheers,
Uday