viewmail-info

[VM] trash

From: salome
Subject: [VM] trash
Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 20:00:07 -0000

Hi! I'm still very new to VM and I appreciate it's functionality and
customizability more and more. But I still get stuck at various points
with very newbie-problems. Here's one.

In Thunderbird, which was my e-mail-program before switching to VM, I
used to keep my inbox lean, sending to trash all e-mails that didn't
require an action and for which there was no need to archive. Whenever
I had to go back to one of those e-mails, which was the case every now
and then, they were easily accessible in the trash-folder. From time
to time I deleted ("expunged") all e-mail in the trash-folder which
were older than, say, twelve months.
I understand that this is not the preferred concept in VM but I still
haven't found out what a good workflow would look like for handling e-
mails that are not important enough to save to a subject-specific
folder but which I still might want to read again after some time. How
do other VM-users handle the situation?

Of course I could imitate my former TB-workflow by saving all those e-
mails to a local trash-folder. This would be easy if I knew how to
create a keybinding for saving to a /specific/ folder -- but I don't.
What would the code have to look like?

Any help will be appreciated! Salome