users-prolog

Debugger / internals question...

From: emacstheviking
Subject: Debugger / internals question...
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2016 12:57:00 +0000

Before I waste my effort... is there an option to "trace" to a file?

I have long wanted the ability to capture the trace/spy/inspection output to a rolling logfile as the code runs instead of having to press return. Debugging gprolog is hard sometimes.

SWI has the visual debugger but I am sure that's overkill, I don't actually like the SWI environment that much, it looks clunky despite being effective when you stick with it,

I think I will check out the latest source code on Ubuntu and dig into it... I fancy either modify the existing trace command or adding a new command that will just write the current information to a file and keep on running.

It couldn't be that hard....