users-prolog

uncaught exception

From: Csányi Pál
Subject: uncaught exception
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2014 11:38:41 +0200

Hi,

I searched the mailing list's archive and found exactly one such a
thread with this  topic. I don't found any useful advices for this
problem out there.

So, the problem is as follows.

My operating system is ArchLinux and there I have instaled gprolog out there.

I found several tutorials on the Internet. In every case when I'm
trying to consult a prolog program at gprolog prompt, I get the
message eg.:

| ?- [Tutorial0.pro].
uncaught exception: error(syntax_error('user_input:2 (char:11) , | ]
or operator expected in list'),read_term/3)
| ?-

The Tutorial0.pro was edited in Emacs and has the following contents:
<file>
likes(mary,food).
likes(mary,wine).
likes(john,wine).
likes(john,mary).

</file>

So what is the problem, why can't I consult this file into gprolog?

--
Regards from Pal