users-prolog

INVITATION 2013-03-04

From: carlos agudelo
Subject: INVITATION 2013-03-04
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2013 14:19:01 -0500

MORE PRECIOUS THAN RUBIES (from the book Everyday wiser by Shepherd Alejandro Bullon - reproduced with permission from the Inter-American Division Publishing Association)

She is more precious than rubies; nothing you desire can compare with her. Proverbs  3:15

Imagine the scene. One morning while you go to work, you see on the road an old woman hitchhiking. For her clothes, the woman is poor and for the appearance of her face she´s feeling bad. Hurry, however, your heart speaks louder and you stop your vehicle. She asks you to leave her at the nearest hospital. You realize that she´s very sick and you accelerate thoroughly. During the short trip, inadvertently, she get a paper in your pocket. Upon arrival at the hospital the old woman died.

At night, at home, you find the paper that says "I am a lonely woman, the only son I had abandoned me for many years. He does not know I received an inheritance. I have saved a million dollars in a bank safe. The key box is PX402. If you helped me, the money is yours. "

What would you do? Would you throw the paper? Would you think that woman would be unable to have a million dollars? Would you run to the bank to see if it was true?

A million dollars is a lot of money. No one would be crazy to ignore such a fortune. But today the proverb says that there is something far more precious than a million dollars. The verse says: "She is more precious than rubies: nothing you desire can compare with her." Solomon is speaking here of wisdom. Do you know there are people frustrated, unsuccessful and unhappy? Because they don´t know how to live. They may have money, fame, power and culture, but they don´t know how to live. To exist is not to live. Living is an art that requires wisdom.

Wisdom, in Solomon´s understanding, isn´t just knowledge. Wisdom is the ability to use knowledge. A person can have doctoral degrees, but not wisdom. Biblical wisdom is not theoretical, it's practical. Even one of the first times the word wisdom is used in the Bible, is in relation to the capacity of the artisans to make the priest's robes. The clothes had to be spotless, perfect in every detail. If you are wise, you will make your life an art work, perfect in every detail. And you can be happy.

So, to start this year, ask God for wisdom and remember that wisdom is more precious than rubies, "and nothing you desire can compare with her."

http://groups.google.com/group/messages-of-reflection-about-the-search-for-God

http://groups.google.com/group/mensajes-de-reflexion-sobre-la-busqueda-de-Dios

Carlos Agudelo