users-prolog

Seg fault reading large file...

From: emacstheviking
Subject: Seg fault reading large file...
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2013 09:18:37 +0100

Further to me earlier post about generating a Seg:11 when reading a
large file under OS X I have just tried to recreate the problem
reading a 115M JSON data file at work having set the global stack to
1G and althought the file didn't read into memory it didn't segfault
either instead choosing to print the "out of space" message and exit
gracefully.

I am assuming then that the fault is with the OS X implementation.

Perhaps somebody could try to recreate the problem on Windows as I
don't have access to that platform.

I am familiar with strace on linux but not DTrace on OSX but if I can
find some time I will build a "debug" version of the code and try to
see if I can find out where it blows. If there is a macports version
of "DDD" then I might try to use that. I've used DDD a lot and it's
really good. OR just valgrind it.

Thanks,
Sean.