users-prolog

Re: MySQL integration...

From: Francois Fages
Subject: Re: MySQL integration...
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2013 11:28:33 +0200

The Ciao Prolog http://ciao-lang.org/ people did a very good job on this a long time ago
but I'm not sure of the current status of their HTTP
http://ciao-lang.org/docs/1.14/13646/CiaoDE-1.14.2-13646_ciao.html/pillow_doc.html
and SQL
http://ciao-lang.org/docs/1.14/13646/CiaoDE-1.14.2-13646_ciao.html/sqltypes.html
libraries.

Best

François Fages

emacstheviking a écrit :
Does anybody know the current status and availability of this?

If it appears to be a "dead" project then I am very very tempted to start a moden clean-room implementation of my own and see how it works out. I am learning Prolog *again* and I want to be able to talk to MySQL for lots of reasons.

I am also planning (time, such precious little time...) on some kind of HTTP interface too, maybe using cURL or something as that would just be plain FFI into libcurl which means that things like ElasticSearch, MongoDB et al. would be opened up i.e. anything that works over HTTP.

Thanks in advance,
Sean Charles.