users-prolog

Using gplc to create an executable

From: Efe Batista Arda
Subject: Using gplc to create an executable
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2011 15:57:50 -0800 (PST)

Hi,
I am trying to make a java program call a prolog program. I believe if I can
make my prolog program an executable, this is doable by java's command line
execution function.

So I need to create an executable from my code using gplc I guess. I am
having trouble in this part.
My program is called PrologSudoku.pl

As I understand from the manual the following command needs to produce an
executable :
> gplc PrologSudoku.pl

but when I try this I get an error saying :

C:\Users\EFE\Documents\NetBeansProjects\Sudoku>gplc PrologSudoku.pl

error trying to execute link /nologo /stack:8000000 /out:PrologSudoku
C:\Users\E
FE\AppData\Local\Temp\gplc5.obj C:\GNU-Prolog\lib\all_pl_bips.obj
C:\GNU-Prolog\
lib\all_fd_bips.obj C:\GNU-Prolog\lib\top_level.obj
C:\GNU-Prolog\lib\debugger.o
bj C:\GNU-Prolog\lib\libbips_fd.lib C:\GNU-Prolog\lib\libengine_fd.lib
C:\GNU-Pr
olog\lib\libbips_pl.lib C:\GNU-Prolog\lib\libengine_pl.lib
C:\GNU-Prolog\lib\lib
linedit.lib advapi32.lib user32.lib ws2_32.lib /ignore:4089
/subsystem:console :
 No such file or directory
compilation failed

I don't really understand what is going on. I am using a Windows 7 64 bit
machine.
Any help on how to create an executable will be very helpful.

Thanks, Efe