users-prolog

Re: large data sets

From: Fred Mesnard
Subject: Re: large data sets
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 08:39:00 +0400

Hi Martin,

FYI, a similar subject has been discussed on comp.lang.prolog:
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.prolog/browse_thread/thread/4e3c7100b833f60d#

Fred

On Sat 14/06/08 1:52 AM , "Martin McDermott" address@hidden sent:
Hello

Kind of a odd question. Im interested in using Prolog to work on large

data sets(a couple gigs). I'm wondering if this is a good idea or not

and if theres anything in particular I should look into. My major

concern is that while my data set will never get too large, I wont

have enough RAM to load the entire file. I'm not sure how this will

affect fact checking(possible swap storm?).