users-prolog

Re: compiling to win32 exe

From: Cesar Rabak
Subject: Re: compiling to win32 exe
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2005 18:47:28 -0200

DeepFinder escreveu:
Hi All!

I▓m trying to compile *.pl prog to an *.exe, following the manual √ Using the compiler (page 22).
OS MS MustDie 98SE gprolog 1.2.16. win32 distro

I type:

C:\GNU-Prolog\#Progs\Grammatics>gplc test.pl

I get:
[snipped]

error trying to execute cl /nologo /Fetest ┘

What is cl ???

cl é command line compiler for the C language from Microsoft.

I can't find it in distribution.

It is not there. You have to or acquire one from some version of Visual C++/Studio or download the free version available at the Microsoft site (command line only).

Plz, smb, explain me, how I can compile my  test.pl  to an executable.
In a nutshell, to achieve this you need the gprolog plus a complete C compiler matching the settings of the gprolog was configured and built.

I posted (I think more than a year ago) in this list instructions on how to to either using the Microsoft compilers or using the Mingw port of gcc.

--
Cesar Rabak
GNU/Linux User 52247.