users-prolog

Re: Running GNU Prolog in a Windows shell console

From: Daniel Diaz
Subject: Re: Running GNU Prolog in a Windows shell console
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2004 16:33:53 +0200

Miguel Calejo wrote:
Hello,

I'd like to be able to run GNU Prolog in a shell window, so I could easily use
it as a Java subprocess. However when gprolog.exe is launched it pops up a
console.

Is there a way to do this without changing and rebuilding the sources?

Thanks,

Simply set the environment variable LINEDIT with a string containing gui=no. You can do this in a batch lauching gprolog or in the general settings (or under a cygwin/mingw shell).

for instance under a MSDOS box:

C:\GNU-Prolog\bin>set LINEDIT=gui=no

C:\GNU-Prolog\bin>gprolog
GNU Prolog 1.2.18