users-prolog

Re: Prolog under OpenBSD2.9

From: Lindsey Spratt
Subject: Re: Prolog under OpenBSD2.9
Date: 12 Mar 2002 10:33:41 -0600

> /tmp/gplcc19511.s:74: Error: Unknown pseudo-op:  `.string'
This looks like the generated assembler code does not match your
OS/Hardware configuration.

I think you may have to implement a new port of gprolog. (I don't have any
experience with OpenBSD2.9, but I am doing a port to Mac OS X/Darwin which
is a BSD.)

The underlying assembler for OpenBSD2.9 may require a specialized version
of the src/Ma2Asm/ma2asm_inst.c file. (This file generates the assembler
instructions.) Current specializations include ix86_any.c, ix86_win32.c,
mips_irix.c, ppc_linux.c, and sparc_any.c. (I have added ppc_darwin.c.)

If you decide to investigate implementing a port, you should read the
src/PORTING and src/DEVELOPMENT files that Daniel Diaz has so thoughtfully
provided.

Regards,
-lindsey