users-prolog

Re: gprolog for Darwin/MacOS X

From: Paulo Moura
Subject: Re: gprolog for Darwin/MacOS X
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 14:48:59 +0000

On Sexta, Março 16, 2001, at 08:38 , palec wrote:

I'm new to this list and I'm interesting, if anybody is working on port for Darwin/MacOS X. Which parts are platform specific and have to be ported?

I have done some preliminary porting work (meaning, the easy stuff ;-). The platform specific work that remains to be done is the GNU Prolog mini-assembler translator to the PPC assembler. There is already a port to Linux/PPC but the translator also depends on the runtime architecture and calling conventions of Darwin/MacOS X. Right now I'm waiting for the GM of MacOS X before trying to continue the porting work. However, I have minimal knowledge of the MacOS X assembler and runtime architecture (and very little time available to learn it...). I'm not sure I can get the translator done.

Regards,

Paulo