uracoli-devel

Re: [uracoli-devel] some progress with RFA1 Arduino stuff

From: Charles Goyard
Subject: Re: [uracoli-devel] some progress with RFA1 Arduino stuff
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 13:17:50 +0200

Hi everybody,

good news today.

So Linux and Windows IDE's seems fairly to run with some manual tweaking.
What I'm looking for is somebody who can do a tools upgrade for MAC-OS-X ?
I got the MacOSX (10.6.4) version of the Arduino IDE to run RadioFaro.

The Arduino guys use an old CrossPack build of the avr toolchain. It happens to be the same thing as WinAVR, which includes a lot of patches for new devices (thanks to Joerg I think).

Here's what I did :
- download and install the last CrossPack (http://www.obdev.at/products/crosspack/download.html) - copy the /usr/local/CrossPack-AVR-20100115/ directory over the Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/hardware/tools/avr - uncompress the uracoli-cvs20101023-arduino.zip archive in Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/hardware/
- run the Arduino IDE, select Funkomat, build something, upload
- have a beer.

Note I built uracoli-arduino on linux, not on the mac.

As a off-topic bonus, since I first tried to compile the avr toolchain from scratch, I can say the build script found in avrfreaks for Linux almost works in MacOSX. I can also say I really don't like Macs :)

See you,

--
Charles