unifont

[unifont] Slackware Note - Unifont 7.0.06 Released

From: Paul Hardy
Subject: [unifont] Slackware Note - Unifont 7.0.06 Released
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2014 02:56:06 -0800

Eric,

Greetings.  I am the maintainer of GNU Unifont.  I notice that Slackware still has a version from 2008.  I packaged the latest version, Unifont 7.0.06, a couple of weeks ago.  You can download it here:

ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/unifont/unifont-7.0.06/

If you're interested in future updates, there is a Unifont mailing list at GNU.  The Unifont page on Savannah is here:

http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/unifont

There's a link on that page for an RSS feed and other things.

The current Unifont inlcudes TrueType fonts covering the entire Unicode 7.0 Plane 0, a lot of Unicode 7.0 Plane 1, and other planes.  There are also versions with glyphs from Michael Everson's ConScript Unicode Registry.

All the best,

Paul Hardy