tsp-devel

Re: [Tsp-devel] Octet string and 0 char

From: Eric Noulard
Subject: Re: [Tsp-devel] Octet string and 0 char
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 12:25:36 +0100

2010/3/15 Yves DUF <address@hidden>:
> Hi
>
> 2010/3/11 <address@hidden>
>>
>> Hello
>>
>> We have a problem using Dadi TSP 0.8.3 and acessing a MIB to get Octet
>> string value :
>
> What do you mean with Dadi, I don't understand the word. Maybe I've spend
> too many time outside TSP.

Yes man.

DADI (DAta DIsptacher) is easy to use Blackboard-based data dispatcher
initially writtend by Fred Deweerdt.

It makes it easy to create a SNMP agent from a TSP blackboard enabled
applications.

I think Jérôme (ARBEZ-GINDRE) should be in charge now.

>> The value charcter table contains '0' characters, and as Dadi
>> implementation uses strcpy/strlen for getting values, we only get first part
>> of data.
>> Is there any patch/evolution in progress solving this problem ?
>
> If I look on TSP buglist, I don't see any bugs similar, except maybe this
> one http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?26304
> But as far as I can see, it's still not closed.
> So I'm afraid you might need to fix that bug yourself, and send the patch to
> TSP-devel.

First of all you may try to dig a little in order to check whether if the bug
is at BlackBoard layer or at upper-level DADI or anything in between.

I'm hoping Fred or Jérôme are listening here because they
should have more knowledge in this area.

And as a last resort, try t fix and submit a patch I'll try to integrate it.

--
Erk
http://www.april.org