tsp-devel

Re: [Tsp-devel] Time for a TSP 0.8.4 release?

From: Eric NOULARD
Subject: Re: [Tsp-devel] Time for a TSP 0.8.4 release?
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 09:38:47 +0200

Le Tue, 1 Jul 2008 17:20:38 +0200,
Frederik Deweerdt <address@hidden> a écrit :

> On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 06:33:53PM +0200, Eric Noulard wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > It's been a long time since we release TSP 0.8.3.
> > I think we need a TSP 0.8.4 release
> > and may be a corresponding JTSP 0.8.x release.
> >
> > Is anyone wanting to try our marvelous release process?
> >
> > http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/tsp/ReleaseProcess.txt?root=tsp&view=markup
> >
> > Note that we need both:
> >     1) a single person who may take times to prepare the release
> >     2) several person who are ready to compile+test on several
> > platforms (Linux x86, x86_64, Solaris, Windows XY, ...)
> I'm willing to handle the linux 32 & 64 parts, as well as Windows XP
> [that's 'XP' Eric, it hasn't reach the 'Y' letter yet :-)]
> >
> [...]
> > Who's next?
> We do need a 0.8.4 release soon, but the BB in kernel is being really
> tested now, I expect a few bug fixes in the coming weeks. If I can get
> some time at work to prepare the releases, I'll handle this.

OK thanks.
As soon as you know how much time you may have on this
tell us, and I may help if there is some more work to be done
which does not fits your time schedule.

> As for the binary packages, which Linux distributions do we target?
> I'd say FC9 and Debian stable. Any suggestions?

This looks fine too me.
I think we should first target "source" release including
source RPM and source deb package.

The only "exception" would be Windows binary release
I think we should at least provide MSVC-usable NSIS installer,
since windows user are not used to compile software before installing
it.

Then anyone providing binary package is welcome to propose
it and we may put it in the appropriate "prebuilt" directory.

I'll provide FC8 binary RPM and a debian testing (AMD64) one.

Thank you for your proposition

--
Erk