tsp-devel

Re: [Tsp-devel] BB: new dump & load features

From: Frederik Deweerdt
Subject: Re: [Tsp-devel] BB: new dump & load features
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2007 01:39:42 +0200

On Sat, May 05, 2007 at 03:22:02PM +0200, Eric Noulard wrote:
[ Old thread, I know, I just took the time to take into account your
remarks ]
> 2) I'd rather keep the checksuming code outside the BB code.
>    I think it would be more flexible to do checksum in a scripts around
>    the bb_tools as discussed ealier since it will be easier to change
>    algorithm/command with ones available on the concern host.
>    (md5sum, sha1sum, cksum, etc...)
>
>    A one liner may be:
>    bb_dump bb_simu xml | sha1sum
>    whereas today I have to go with:
>    bb_dump bb_simu xml | awk '{if (NR >1) { print $0 }}' | sha1sum
Yup, definitely better, I removed the checksumming out of the bb.
> 4) Some source code design choice remark
>
>   *  I think that process_node should call bb_value_direct_write
>       in order to avoid code duplication.
>       bb_value_direct_write implements almost the same switch(type),
>       we will have to check the CHAR/UCHAR and UserType cases though.
Done, thanks for the tip, I missed that bb_value_direct_write was doing
the same thing more or less.

>   * XML related code may be put in bb_xml.[ch]
>
>      load_xml_file may be splitted into
>               bb_xml_load(xmlTextReaderPtr reader,  volatile S_BB_T **bb)
>               bbtools_load_xml(bbtools_request_t* req)
>               (bb_xml_load going into bb_xml.c
>                bbtools_load_xml going into bbtools.c will call bb_xml_load)
>
>      and
>      process_node to
>      bb_xml_process_node(xmlTextReaderPtr reader,  volatile S_BB_T
> **bb, const char* bbname)
Done too. Thanks for the detailed review.

Cheers,
Frederik