tsp-devel

Re: [Tsp-devel] TSP GoogleEarth Writer

From: Eric Noulard
Subject: Re: [Tsp-devel] TSP GoogleEarth Writer
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 17:31:12 +0100

2007/3/12, Yves DUF <address@hidden>:
Hi folks.

I had a marvellous (I'm often very modest) idea for TSP :
- Google Earth is perfect for a low cost realistic display.
- KML files in GoogleEarth allow to play and replay paths.
- TSP is perfect to distribute in a portable way any trajectory (Satellite,
Aircraft, ...)
So what about use the open source power to link any TSP Provider with the
KML trajectory files of GoogleEarth ?

I've tried it, and it more or less a failure :
The KML files used to describe the path need to be finished and complete
(XML tags must be closed) .
So I can convert a plane trajectory and give it to GoogleEarth, but I can
use it as a real_time display.

And as it's not real-time, I'm not interested to continue that idea.
I give it to you, with the small java code used to generate a fake KML file

If someone knows how to plug real-time trajectory to GoogeEarth or want to
go farther, please feel free to do it.

I think the idea is just great and perhaps you should propose
the TSP bridge --> Google Earth too Google itself.

It seems that GE V4 introduce the possibility of GPS binding
http://www.gearthblog.com/blog/archives/2007/01/using_gps_with_googl.html

The GPS binding seems to be "device specific" whereas with your
solution you may propose TSP as the software protocol for next GE.

If GE itself is implementing TSP consumer interface you may simply "connect"
GE to the TSP provider, which could in turn be either a real device
(GPS receiver device) or a simulator as bb_simu.

Go ahead send a mail to google with your idea :))

--
Erk