tsp-devel

Re: [Tsp-devel] Continuous integration ?

From: Stephane GALLES
Subject: Re: [Tsp-devel] Continuous integration ?
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 07:06:32 +0100

Frederik Deweerdt wrote:
> On 2/20/07, Stephane GALLES <address@hidden> wrote:
[...]
>> ...In order to catch the compilation problems as soon as they
>> appear, would anybody be interested in a basic cruisecontrol setup
>> for TSP ? (at least to test a fresh cmake+make when something
>> is checked in, and maybe later, with some sanity test)
>>
>> I don't have a continuous integration server up 24/24, but
>> I can offer to write the cruisecontrol configuration file
>> and the build script adapter and someone could deploy a cruisecontrol
>> configuration in a Tomcat on a real build server.
>>
> That sounds interesting. How much time does it take to develop?

Let's say a couple of hours to write the cruisecontrol conf file +
script, and test it. That's cruisecontrol that does all the job it is
just a matter of configuration.

But thinking about it, I've already use other continuous integration
tools that are easier to setup that cruisecontrol (cruisecontrol is
a very versatil tool, but its conf files are sometimes hard to write and
read).

In particular :
http://luntbuild.javaforge.com/ (very nice web GUI)

> Not to
> mention a build server could act as a subversion server ;)

Exactly :)

It is even a very usual set up. (Actually that's what this dedicated
Linux distro does,  http://buildix.thoughtworks.com/,  but only for a
LAN, not a WAN, as the security is not managed).

> Fred

Stephane