tsp-devel

Re: [Tsp-devel] Is cmake minimum required version 2.4.6 ?

From: Eric Noulard
Subject: Re: [Tsp-devel] Is cmake minimum required version 2.4.6 ?
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2007 15:37:53 +0100

2007/2/17, Stephane GALLES <address@hidden>:
Hi,

on my system, I can't build a fresh TSP check out with cmake 2.4.3
The cmake phase goes well, but the make phase immediatly ends with :

make: *** [cmake_check_build_system] Error 255

cmake 2.4.6 works though.

Is 2.4.6 the minimun version now ?

Should not be the case, I'm pretty sure 2.4.6 is not required
since I personnally have 2.4.5 with no problem :))

2.4.0 and up should be OK,
some features won't work but 2.4.6 should not be required
nevertheless I think cmake 2.4.3 was buggy for differents reasons.

If so, maybe we should use
CMAKE_MINIMUM_REQUIRED(VERSION 2.4.6)
instead of
CMAKE_MINIMUM_REQUIRED(VERSION 2.4)

Yes you are right, I will check whether if 2.4.3 is buggy (I mean for TSP usage)
or if we really need 2.4.y with y >= 5.

(note : in order to try to reproduce this behaviour, start with
a new tsp co, and an empty tsp_build dir)

I will try this.
But if you have such trouble with CMake please look at

build_tree/CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log
and
build_tree/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log

and/or run