tsp-devel

Re: [Tsp-devel] tsp_port ?

From: Eric Noulard
Subject: Re: [Tsp-devel] tsp_port ?
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 21:23:37 +0100

2007/1/16, Yves DUFRENNE <address@hidden>:
Hello world.

I've just test the 0.8.2 TSP release and compile it with cmake. It works
great !
(Except a small bug on DYN_FLAG, and I opened a minor bug on the subject in
savannah https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/index.php?18802 )

This is NOT a bug a MISSING feature which did not work with the
former autotools build system either.

In fact on Unix (including Linux) the default CMake config is
BUILD_SHARED = OFF
whereas on the Windows platform the default is the converse
BUILD_SHARED = ON

Anyone interesting in getting involved in getting SHARED libs work
may join me on the bug tracker to discuss this.
Yves kindly assigned the "bug" to me but I would be pleased to give
to anyone else :))

But I was wondering what could be the tsp_port directory in the new TSP
release 0.8.2 ?
Someone can help me ?

The tsp_port module has been made by Alan in order to ease the TSP Win32 port.
The idea is to have a [very] small module to prepare a tsp 'port' which is small
but contains all TSP requested OS API and feature (thread, mutex and the like).

When you want to port TSP on a new platform/compiler/arch
you should began to port tsp_port.

When you're done with tsp_port you should have solved 99% of the TSP port task
and may go on with porting TSP.

Using CMake you may choose to only compile tsp_port (BUILD_ONLY_TSP_PORT)
or both tsp_port and the TSP itself (port end).

This scheme explain why you may not build TSP without building tsp_port.

--
Erk