Re: Connection local profile does not change variables

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Connection local profile does not change variables
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2024 11:54:57 +0100

Simon Chevolleau <simon.chevolleau@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi Michael,

Hi Simon,

> It looks like my connection profile is indeed set correctly when I
> connect to my remote server.
> The output looks like this, so I guess this is working at intended, now
> I have to figure out why my packages aren't correctly working with those
> variables set now:

Don't forget that connection-local variables are implemented as
buffer-local variables. If you want to profit from them in a given
buffer, you must call *in that buffer* one of the functions or macros
mentioned in (info "(elisp) Applying Connection Local Variables"), for
example `hack-connection-local-variables-apply' or
`with-connection-local-variables'.