Re: Rclone?

From: Matt M
Subject: Re: Rclone?
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2018 17:59:35 +0000

Michael,

You are a superstar.

Mostly what I do daily with rclone is:
- ls (cli & macos finder using a mount)
- copy* (copy from, really; finder+mount)
- delete (finder+mount)
- rename (aka move, finder+mount)
- sync* (cli -- I sync between multiple clouds, redundacy)
- move* (cli)
- moveto* (cli)

The move/moveto/sync/copy can take a long time, and are prone to errors (like
cloud storage needing its garbage bin dumped), so having "progress" feedback is
nice using -v,  And of course, error feedback is very important, regardless of
flags.

Also, those commands can use lots of bandwidth, so I usually limit that with
--bwlimit.  Otherwise, you may find your internet to be otherwise unusable for
extended periods.  However, I do NOT limit bandwidth when copying down, as it
is very tough for me to use up my download bandwidth.  YMMV.

Those are really the only 2 flags I use.

I will give it a spin when I get time.  U.S. holiday, though ...
(Also, I have no experience comparing tramp w/native.)

Thanks!
-- Matt