Re: tramp (2.3.3.26.1); Tramp hangs when trying to connect in emacs for

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: tramp (2.3.3.26.1); Tramp hangs when trying to connect in emacs for OSX 26.1
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2018 10:35:46 +0200

Jeffrey Gennari <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Michael,

Hi Jeffrey,

> Yes, the space is there and the connection is still hanging? The debug
> file is the same as before.

I cannot decide whether it is correct or not. The debug file shows as
process output:

"/usr/bin"^M
tramp_exit_status 0^M
$^M

The last line is the shell prompt Tramp must detect but fails.

I've emulated the last char in every line as ^M, in the debug file it is
rather the respective carriage return char. I suspect this is your MUA
which might have added it, and which might have removed trailing spaces.

Since every char counts: could you pls send the debug buffer as
(possibly base64 encoded) mail attachment? Then we know that your MUA is
not in the way for analysis.