Re: tramp (2.2.13.25.1); Why don't you test TRAMP on Android 7.0?

From: Jürgen Hötzel
Subject: Re: tramp (2.2.13.25.1); Why don't you test TRAMP on Android 7.0?
Date: Sat, 27 May 2017 15:18:31 +0200

Hi Michael.

On Sat, May 27, 2017 at 9:14 AM, Michael Albinus <address@hidden> wrote:

I'm waiting for Juergen. However, if you or somebody else want to

Sorry for the delay!

contribute patches, they will be much a

ppreciated.

The root cause of these issues is  Androids change from "ToolBox" to "ToyBox" (both BusyBox alternatives).

The default prompt changed again (missing user part)  and also the output of  "ls" command changed (includes number of links).
But the worst is that it doesn't handle the "--color=never" option properly: It just ignores it and displays colors anyway.

This is all handled in my latest commit:

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/tramp.git/commit/?id=9a5b66f0c09fde6caa9bac96eb8a116412ef75cf

There are still issues I need to check out. `directory-files' is still broken:

(directory-files "/adb:emulator-5554:/sdcard/")
("." ".  Alarms  DCIM     Movies Notifications Podcasts  " ".." ".. Android Download Music  Pictures      Ringtones ")

Regards,

Jürgen

On Sat, May 27, 2017 at 9:14 AM, Michael Albinus <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi Dan,