Re: docview & tramp revert-buffer problem

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: docview & tramp revert-buffer problem
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2017 12:09:45 +0200

Iakov Davydov <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Michael,

Hi Iakov,

> No. Locally both revert-buffer & doc-view-revert-buffer work as
> expected (i.e. new file is displayed).
> The problem (i.e. new content is not displayed) happens only on a pdf
> file opened via tramp.

I've checked doc-view-revert-buffer. It works over
doc-view--buffer-file-name. So it doesn't detect a changed pdf, see its
docstring:

doc-view--buffer-file-name is a variable defined in ‘doc-view.el’.
Its value is "/tmp/docview1000/123.pdf"
Local in buffer 123.pdf</ssh:host:>; global value is nil

Documentation:
Only used internally.
The file name used for conversion.  Normally it’s the same as
‘buffer-file-name’, but for remote files, compressed files and
files inside an archive it is a temporary copy of
the (uncompressed, extracted) file residing in
‘doc-view-cache-directory’.

Nothing Tramp could do. I recommend to write an Emacs bug.