Re: tramp (2.1.15); Unclear doc for rsync method

From: David Abrahams
Subject: Re: tramp (2.1.15); Unclear doc for rsync method
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 11:40:39 -0400

On Apr 12, 2009, at 5:41 PM, Kai Großjohann wrote:

I wonder if this is worth the effort or not. This would only help people who use Tramp to edit large remote files on a routinely basis. Tramp is somewhat optimized for the small-files case (by its inline transfer methods, which are required for multiple hops (unless Michael changed this)).

I don't know either. It looks like there's a lot of room for clarification in the docs about what the rsync method means for users.

--
David Abrahams
BoostPro Computing