using auth-source for authentication

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: using auth-source for authentication
Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 09:58:04 -0500

Hi,

I've set up auth-source.el, currently in Gnus CVS and Emacs CVS.  It
lets users put their passwords in a single place.  Can it also be used
by Tramp?  I don't know the Tramp internals, but basically you'd end up
with lines like this

machine xyz.com port scp login tzz password WHATEVER

in your netrc/authinfo file.  The API is really simple, Tramp just has
to call auth-source-user-or-password with "login" or "password" and the
hostname and protocol.

I can add this support to Tramp, but I thought I'd ask first because
it's a pretty complicated package.

Thanks
Ted