Re: file storage in IMAP (eventually for Tramp) working and needs testin

From: James Cloos
Subject: Re: file storage in IMAP (eventually for Tramp) working and needs testing
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2008 17:31:14 +0000

On namespaces in IMAP, do note that not every imapd uses . (full stop)
as the hierarchy separator character; many use / (virgule).  The LIST
command will show what that server uses.

Also, some (many?) users will probably not like the idea of turning
INBOX into a parent.  That convention seems to be a uw thing, AFAICT.

Were I to use this I’d want to put it all under something like
Emacs/Tramp/ or so.

-JimC
--
James Cloos <address@hidden>         OpenPGP: 1024D/ED7DAEA6