Re: tramp (2.1.5-pre); scp bug

From: Pete Forman
Subject: Re: tramp (2.1.5-pre); scp bug
Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2005 17:21:32 +0000

At 2005-12-01 22:48 -0500, emacs user wrote:
when I use tramp with an address such as /scp:address@hidden:/directory/
things work fine.  But then when I try to enter e in dired to open some file,
and tramp hangs up.  pressing C-g looking at the various buffers
around, I find that there is a buffer with a message such as:

The authenticity of host 'xx.xx.xx.xx (number gere)' can't be established.
RSA key fingerprint is xx
Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)?

Try doing scp to that host from the command line.  With any luck you
will get a chance to say 'yes' and then not be asked again.

--
Pete Forman                -./\.-  Disclaimer: This post is originated
WesternGeco                  -./\.-   by myself and does not represent