Re: TRAMP vs xemacs 21.5.b17

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: TRAMP vs xemacs 21.5.b17
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 12:20:48 +0200

"Daniel O'Connor" <address@hidden> writes:

>> I am lost. I have no idea how to debug this issue, and I cannot
>> reproduce it locally. Have you tried Tramp 2.1? It doesn't include
>> that statement ...
>
> Oops, so that's the latest version ;)

Tramp 2.1 is the development stream. So it is OK to use Tramp 2.0 as
stable release. I just wanted to know whether it makes a difference.

> I tried 2.1.2 but tramp-smb.el still causes the memory gobbling :(
> Commenting out the eval-when-compile stuff has no effect though, so it's even
> worse than 2.0.44 :(

Strange strange strange.

Could you, please (setq debug-on-quit t) ? Then, byte-compile
tramp-smb.el from within XEmacs, and interrupt it if it doesn't
return. Maybe the backtrace gives some evidences ...

Another idea: XEmacs 21.5.b17 crashes on my Debian host when loading
Tramp. This is due to the coding scheme, declared in the first line of
Tramp's *.el files. Maybe you remove these lines?