Re: What does this code do?

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: What does this code do?
Date: 04 Feb 2003 13:36:25 +0100

address@hidden (Kai Großjohann) writes:

> There's this piece of code in tramp.el; does anyone know what it does?

It's sloppy code from me.

> (defun tramp-parse-passwd (filename)
>   "Return a list of (user host) tuples allowed to access.
> Host is always \"localhost\"."
>
>   (let (res)
>     (if (and (symbolp 'user) (zerop (length user)))
>       '(("root" nil))
>
> Why does it refer to the symbol user?

It assumes that tramp-parse-passwd is called from
tramp-completion-handle-file-name-all-completions. Intention is to
provide "address@hidden" as default for su-alike user/host completion.

It's somewhere in a dusty part of my todo list making it clean (I know
the compiler warning). Maybe I should do it now, finally ...