tof-general

Re: [Tof-general] Installation & Configuration

From: Miguel Koren O'Brien de Lacy
Subject: Re: [Tof-general] Installation & Configuration
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 11:32:25 -0300

Yes!!!! I have connected ......

Now I have to investigate how to include images. If you have some ideas to
sahre,
great. By the way, do you save the images in the database or do you save them in
files? I saw a line that seems to indicate that both alternatives are possible
and I
would prefer database because it gets rid of file permission problems, but in
case of
'saving in database', does it mean that the complete image is in the database,
nothing in the directory?

I'll have to travel to Mexico this week so you won't hear from me until next
week,
but I'll be reading mail and 'perhaps' I'll have access to the server to test
out
some ideas.

Regarding PostgreSQL, I'll try to see what can be done or needs to be done to
it to
make it 'behave'. I can't believe that there are bugs as serious as this.
Another
question I have is if we really need PostgreSQL (I would rather use Interbase)?
Isn't
that what PHPlib is for, to make SQL database independent?

Miguel