tlf-devel

[Tlf-devel] CQWW - lessons learned

From: Thomas Beierlein
Subject: [Tlf-devel] CQWW - lessons learned
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2018 06:51:51 +0100

Hi all,

I hope you had fun during the weekend - maybe with the cqww contest.

I myself managed to work some hours in the contest on Sunday afternoon.
Running only QRP I worked only in S&P and managed to catch around 90
QSOs.

TLF-1.3.2 worked stable - with one exception. Switching to edit the
log (with ':edit') and back to Tlf resulted in an assertion failure from
the new background mode enable/disable logic introduced shortly. The
behavior is reproducible on my side (maybe someone else can check also).

I will look into the bug in next days. Maybe we need another 1.3.3 bug
fix release afterwards.

While we are at bug fixing do we have any other reports about problems
during the contest? If so, please give feedback.

And I have another request for help. As I myself only have small
logs with some hundred QSOs I could use a large log file with some
thousand QSOs for performance testing. If anyone has such a file please
contact me. Please do not send it to the list but directly to me
<address@hidden>. Thanks in advance.

73, de Tom DL1JBE

--
"Do what is needful!"