tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] Handling multiplier aliases?

From: Ervin Hegedüs
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] Handling multiplier aliases?
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2018 19:06:05 +0200

Hi all,

On Mon, Jun 11, 2018 at 08:18:11AM -0500, Nate Bargmann wrote:
> One thought I had would be to create a parallel mults file definition
> using GKeyFile as the means for setting groups for mults, alias, and
> alias_mults.  I am thinking along the lines of:
>
> [Mults]
> AL
> AK
> AZ
> .
> .
> .
> WV
> WY
>
> [Alias]
> KS
>
> [AliasMults]
> (County abbreviations)
>

> Then the code could look for the Mults group and if found process it and
> if not, then revert to the current mults file style.
>
> In this format, any AliasMult entered would be applied as the Alias.
>
> Thoughts?

and you should pass this file to Tlf through parse_logcfg.c?

brrr....

:)

I think the codebase of Tlf is already very complex.

How many contest could we use this feature?

Once upon I proposed that we sould start to a new direction in
config file/rules parsing. I'm still thinking that the best way
would be implement some external scripting language, as module,
eg. Python and/or Lua. With one of those, everyone can make a
more sophisticate rule for every contests.

Here is my original opinion:

http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/tlf-devel/2014-01/msg00101.html

73, Ervin