tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] [dl1jbe/test-travis] moved to cmocka (#7)

From: Thomas Beierlein
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] [dl1jbe/test-travis] moved to cmocka (#7)
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2018 21:53:45 +0100

Hi Zoli,

Am Thu, 1 Feb 2018 19:30:56 +0100
schrieb Csahok Zoltan <address@hidden>:

> Hi Tom,
>
> Nice to hear that it works well.
> In fact I have applied astyle formatting to the *.c files in test/,
> and thus was assuming that all whitespaces are "correct".

ok, but normally you work incrementally when writing tests and normal
code (e.g. during test driven development). And I fear from time to
time someone overlooks that point.

> Anyway, no problem making the patterns more relaxed.

That would be good.

> Verbose mode is not that trivial. One can execute the script manually
> and check the outputs (run_*.c and defs.am). At least this is much
> faster than a full automake cycle.

I see and will give it a try.

In meantime I merged the now working code into my tlf repo dl1jbe/tlf
and will do a pull request to main tlf itself.

What we should think about in the long term is if we want the test code
only as support for development or if we want to distribute it together
with the code. But there is no need to hurry.

73 for now,

        Tom DL1JBE