tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] ncurses-6 woes - state of the affair

From: Thomas Beierlein
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] ncurses-6 woes - state of the affair
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2016 14:31:09 +0100

First a Merry Christmas to all of you. Before the guests are coming in
let me just give a short report on the state of TLF and teh the ncurses6
problems.

Am Sun, 11 Dec 2016 19:29:21 +0100
schrieb Thomas Beierlein <address@hidden>:
> I had just to switch to using ncurses-6 (after 5.9 before).
> Now it looks as the screen color handling is going wild.
> Bandmap and score window have weird colors.

Fixing the color turned out to be easy. It was just that some feature
test macros were missing. The fix solved also a problem reported a
little bit earlier about ncurses with a stripped out tinfo lib.

But there was a much bigger problem with regard to the handling
of the cluster screen. The old way to have cluster and logger screen
separate does not longer work at all and so we had to switch to a
complete new handling.

You can see the result in the ncruses6 branch on github
https://github.com/Tlf/tlf/tree/ncurses6

That code should work just as before and it should work for ncurses 5
and 6. It would be nice if you could give it a try and report back.
Then I can integrate it into TLFs master branch.

What happened else and what is coming the next days.

- I just merged in some nice addition from Ervin HA2OS who did some
  work to enable sprint like contests for TLF where you switch
  automatically between run and S&P mode after each QSO.
  Maybe you can try it out tomorrow during the DARC christmas contest.
  Just download the newest master branch from github and set SPLITMODE
  in logcfg.dat.

- Next thing is to integrate the new fldigi interface using the
  native xmlrpc feature for digimode users (thanks again to Ervin).

- Further on that road will be the ability to have different keyers set
  for CW and digimodes.

- Last change at the moment is to pull up some code from Nate N0NB
  which used hamlibs CAT commands to switch the PTT of the rig.

In summary I think that will be enough to have a new 1.3 version branch
of TLF. I hope to release the 1.3 version (or at least a pre release)
before new year.

I wish you a good time during the next weeks, stay well an have a good
start into the new year.

73, de Tom DL1JBE

--
"Do what is needful!"