tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] short confirmation

From: Nate Bargmann
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] short confirmation
Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2016 14:13:01 -0500

We conspired.  Ha!

I should have issued the PR long ago.

One thing I am starting to tackle is using CAT PTT via Hamlib.  I hope
to get something working by this weekend's HF Championship to see how it
works.  I have modified the vk_play script locally to use aplay instead
of play as I'm using ALSA with PulseAudio.  To direct the sound to the
right adapter I use the GUI PA Volume Control program.  I should
probably do a bit more work to determine the correct command line
options and include them in the script to make it a bit more bomb proof.

I seem to recall that the recording feature of Tlf depends on the OSS
drivers.  Perhaps we should look into adding ALSA support since it is
ubiquitous on Linux these days.

73, Nate