tlf-devel

[Tlf-devel] TLF-1.2.2 prerelease 2

From: Thomas Beierlein
Subject: [Tlf-devel] TLF-1.2.2 prerelease 2
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2015 20:16:08 +0200

I would like to announce the second prerelease for the coming TLF-1.2.2.
You can find it at

http://www.hs-mittweida.de/tb/tlf-1.2.2_pre2.tar.gz

or download it from github. The main changes since pre release 1 are
fixes and improvements for the WAEDC code and some first steps to
improve the bandmap display.

New features:
    * Improved bandmap display
      - display actual QRG on bandmap
      - center bandmap around QRG
      - update bandmap every second
      - do not show WARC spots in contest mode

    Improvements to WAEDC QTC handling (by HA2OS)
    * allow a list of stations known to give QTC's (maybe from last year)
          QTC_CAP_CALLS=QTC_calls.txt
      If you use this option, then Tlf will put a "P" flag (means "previous")
      near known station ifrom the list on bandmap, and in worked window.
      Eg: 7001.0 * R9AA P
    * new QTC capable flags: 'L': 'later', 'N': 'NO'
      You can mark a station on the bandmap for QTC "L"ater or "N"o QTC
      with Ctrl-L and CTRL-N respective. Flags will automatically deleted
      as soon as you get at least one QTC from the station.
      The flags will be stored in a separated file, called
      QTC_meta.log. If you exit from Tlf, and you start it again
      later, the marked informations will be available.
    * stations which can give still more QTC's will not be marked as
      dupe on the bandmap
    * Set QTC_AUTO_FILLTIME keyword in logcfg.dat to automatically fill in the
      the hour for the QTC time
      (Some stations send only a short time format, e.g. "34 DL3XYZ 9999").
      CTRL-F just fills in the last received hour if QTC_AUTO_FILLTIME
      is not enabled.
    * You can use ENTER or SPACE to advance between fields in the QTC window.
    * manually start and stop QTC recording with CTRL-R in QTC window,

Bug fixes:

    * Fix some problems with using LAN mode for WAEDC

For our native english speakers: It would be nice if you could have a
look at the README_QTC.txt and README_QTC_RTTY.txt and help us to
improve the text - Ervin HA2OS is a good coder but some help in
translation would be appreciated.

As always please test and give some feedback.

As for the plan for the tlf-1.2.2 itself. We would like to fix the
following problems before the final release:

- Complete a native cabrillo generation for WAEDC contest
- Improve the documentation for WAEDC
- Do some further fixes and cleanups

If all goes well we expect the final version around mid or end of
October.

73, de Tom DL1JBE

--
"Do what is needful!"