tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] Wiki

From: Thomas Beierlein
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] Wiki
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2015 20:12:42 +0100

Am Tue, 6 Jan 2015 19:56:44 +0100
schrieb Ervin Hegedüs <address@hidden>:

> Hi Thomas, and all,

> > Wrt to the wiki I had done some experiments with the github one some
> > time ago and I only remember that I was not very impressed. But I
> > can not remember any more why exactly. Easiest way would be to make
> > a own test repo on github and experiment with the wiki for that
> > repo.
> >
> > We can link to that wiki anytime later from the static pages (and
> > even switching to a different one should be easy).
>
> Why does it need any non-static page for a wiki? We're using some
> Mediawiki at our company, that's also contains static pages - which
> formatted by a simple markup language. It's more, than enough...

Sorry if I choose the wrong words. I do mean 'static page' in another
context. These are pages which can only be modified by someone having
access to the github repo - that is different than a normal wiki where
every user (maybe after registration) can add content.

73, Tom DL1JBE

--
"Do what is needful!"
Ursula LeGuin: Earthsea