tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] CQ WW RTTY special rules

From: Ervin Hegedüs
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] CQ WW RTTY special rules
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2014 08:34:59 +0200

Hi Ed,

On Thu, Sep 25, 2014 at 10:10:58PM -0400, Ed wrote:

> >The scoring logic of Tlf is very difficult, and hardcoded
> >deepthly. Now the US states and Canadian provinces doesn't
> >calculated as multiplier. Only you can fill the state or
> >province. May be I can try to finish that to start of contest.
> >

> >73,
> >
> >Ervin
> >HA2OS
> >

> Attached is a correct US/VE list. I know you are working hard on
> this, and it is appreciated. If you do not have the time, I'll see
> if I can work with the mult list, but I do not know if that is once
> per band, or not.

I'm afraid you can't set up this - CQWW has a special code inside
of Tlf, and if you'll try to overwrite any option, then different
disfuncions will arrives... I've tried some options, but have not
been successfull.

The correct scoring and multi's handling are missing now - but
the received reports can be handled correctly, and the claimed
scores depend based on the sent log, not your calculation.

This is _not_ so good, I don't like this half-done-work, but now
I don't have so much time. :(

> I have always hoped that tlf had more scoring options, then it would
> be much easier to set up just about any contest.

We're workink on it, if I can finish the WAEDC patch (the RTTY
mode still to come), I would like to start to rewrite the inside
scoring and multipliers handling.

If you'll try this patch, and you have any problem, just let me
know!

73,

Ervin
HA2OS